Hats for cats
One habit I've never really grown out of is playing with the tin-foil wrappers from easter eggs. Last weekend I was making little hats for my cat out of them, so I thought I'd share some of that simple pleasure.
- Carefully flatten out the foil, coloured side down.
Place a small vase, cup, glass or similar object in the centre.
- Smooth the foil down evenly over your form.
- Fold the foil up perpendicular from the edges, to make a brim.
- Fold the edges down over on themselves, keeping an even radius from the centre.
- Remove the foil from your form and tuck all excess foil up inside.
- et voila! the finished article.
- Place the hat upon your cat when he or she isn't looking.
I'd love to post photos of other peoples' cats in tin-foil hats here, so if you're so inclined, send them to me: rapitinui at gmail dot com.